Tuesday, November 6, 2007

So I had one of the most hilarious convos at work today. It involved pick-up lines that people had been approached with or (shamefully) used before. I thought I'd spice up your Tuesday morning with a few of my favorites, many of which I'd (surprisingly) never heard before! I have to warn you, a few of these are pretty distasteful... not that ALL pick-up lines aren't intrinsically distasteful! If you can add something ORIGINAL- absolutely NO "There's a party in my pants"- I'd LOVE to hear it!!!

1. "I may not have gotten your virginity, but could I at least have the box it came in?"
*** I'm sorry, but this is funny!***

2. Cheesy Man: "So, how are you tonight?"
Woman: "Fine."
Cheesy Man: "You're damn right!"
*** My totally straight laced friend, C.G., had SEX with the guy who used this clunker! On the spot! In his car!!! Klassy, as CanCan would say! :)***

3. "I'm going outside to make-out. Wanna come?"
*** Was this guy twelve or something? Make-out?!?***

4. "Do you sleep on your stomach? (The woman responds with any answer) "Could I"?!?
*** My gay friend was trying to modify this for his own use, but it's not the same...***

5. "If it's true that we are what we eat, I could be you by morning!"
*** Ewwww... no one wants THAT much!!!***

6. (Here's one especially for the drunken girl friend who can't turn down a dare!)
"I'd rip out my eyeballs just so you'd have two extra holes to screw me in!"
*** I hope none of you have too much wine around me while I'm remembering this one!***

7. "I'm the only guy in here talking to you..."
***A woman MARRIED the man who used this monstrosity! Hmmm...***

8. "I am free of a disease."
*** A friend who lived overseas for a year got this in a bar. I guess when English is your second language, you keep it simple!***

9. "You remind me of my dead ex-girlfriend."
*** I don't know 'bout y'all, but nothing turns me on like the mention of death AND his ex!***

And finally, drum roll please... a line that yours truly once actually used (to great success, but then again, how hard is it for women to pick-up men?!?)...

10. Walk up to a hot smoker and ask if you can have a cigarette. Be seductive when you put it in your mouth and let him light it. Immediately stub it out in the ashtray and give him your sexiest smile. Say "I'm not a smoker, I just wanted to put something of yours in my mouth..." and strut off. He'll follow you. Unfortunately, he may follow you until you get that restraining order, but live and learn... (A funny side note: my husband who is notoriously "thrifty" said that if a strange girl in a bar wasted one of his perfectly good cigarettes, he would be pissed!)

Have a fun day, Graceful Streeters!

16 comments:

BB said...

the best one i've ever heard...

"wanna have some sex?"

LOL!!!

Truvie said...

Had to be A.O.

I can hear it! Thanks for starting me off early, by the way! This is for tomorrow!

Truvie said...

That sounded snotty. I really did mean regular "thanks", not henious "thanks"! :)

Priscilla said...

"You make me all misty down there"

Truvie said...

Oh my dear Lord...

Rachel said...

i had a guy at a frat party in college...walk up...grab the back of my shirt (as if he was looking at my tag)...and said (and i quote)...JUST WHAT I THOUGHT! MADE IN HEAVEN! my face must have just fallen to the floor...cause he kinda speed walked off to his group of friends. my friends feel out laughing!

AM said...

I think I've blocked all of them out...The guys that use them scare me....But walking up and saying "You look gorgeous/radiant/beautiful"...is pretty much enough....
Ooh ooh or telling her that while you were dating her nemisis...you always stared/thought/dreamed at/about her (or something along those lines)

and...


"I'm the only guy in here talking to you..." I'd find THAT completely insulting...maybe if he put WHY in front of it....otherwise it's as if he's saying HE'S the only person that finds you attractive...WTH?

BB said...

unfortunately it wasn't mr. rofarto, but you're right...it sounds like him!!! it was t. warren...he actually said that to like 30 girls at a party one night and one of them actually went home with him! LOL!

AM said...

surely if you walk around telling everyone at a frat party...one of the girls will be desperate or drunk and desperate enough to fall for it...sadly.
(doesn't mean they'll be cute, thank GOD for beer goggles, I spose)

Truvie said...

T. Warren- Ha! I love it! He was the KING of pick-up lines!

From the Doghouse said...

Are you sure he was free of disease - or was his disease available for free?

Truvie said...

You never can tell with those Europeans!

Rub said...

The best line of all time (and yes I have used it.) "Nice shoes. Wanna f*ck?"

Truvie said...

Why doesn't that surprise me?!?

From the Doghouse said...

Have to pass this one along.

Two people I know; he says two things: 1. "Gee you sure have hairy arms." 2. "Wanna go to the movies tomorrow? It's cheapo night."

They're now married.

Truvie said...

LOL! Nothing turns me on more than a discounted date! :)