Monday, November 5, 2007

Please, please, PLEASE go out and vote this Tuesday!!! If you choose not to vote, you are throwing away a right that people literally DIED to give you the chance to have. Vote Democrat, vote Republican, whatever... just go out and DO it! There is NO excuse that will justify you not voting!

If you don't vote, then you can't complain about the government that's elected... and EVERYONE loves to complain about the government!!! What will you talk to your friends about? They'll all be standing around, griping about the highway commissioner's helicopter or how the Delta Democrat Newspaper says that, "John Aurthur Eaves is lying and what's more, he knows he's lying" or some other pressing social issue and you won't be able to say one word!... knowing you couldn't spare 10 minutes of your precious day in order to decide WHO RUNS OUR STATE!!! Besides, even Puff Daddy says it's "hip" to vote, and who doesn't want to be like Puffy? :) VOTE!!!

If that's not enough to motivate you, then there's this: Black Betty's special curse. I'm officially wishing yeast infections that itch in church on all non-voters. Don't be itchy scratchy! VOTE!

17 comments:

BB said...

LOL! way to go, truvie!

that's right, people. get out and vote. "you can do it!"

Rub said...

If you don't vote, the sandman will take a dump on your pillow after you get to sleep tonight.

Rachel said...

i voted this morning!
sooooo...i can complain all i want, right?

Truvie said...

Complain away!

From the Doghouse said...

I'm sporting my "I Voted" sticker!

BB said...

i didn't get a stinkin' sticker!
:(

Truvie said...

Well, I'm proud of all of y'all! BB- you WORK for the voting office!!! Don't you have a big ole box of stickers? You should wear a bunch of them and tell people you got one every time you voted today! LOL!

BB said...

we didn't get none... :(

ha...i should have covered myself in them this morning instead of getting dressed...an "i voted" attire just for today! saweet....

AM said...

I voted...my first complaint to lodge (you knew I'd be the fist) is that the people at my poll can't read, my second is NO sticker, and my 3rd is WHY does it HAVE to be the lesser of 2 evils...quite a few offices got none of my vote

Truvie said...

Hmmm, we Clintonites are rich with stickers, but I had to vote at a teeny little church. My people could read, but one had a walker. I swear! Why do only older people work the polls? We should do a drive with people our age to do it! Seriously!
And, Alice... you are the first, but I'm SURE you won't be the last! :)

BB said...

the little women at my voting precinct were covered with blankets and looked like they would break if you touched them...

Truvie said...

They are remembering the good old days when you voted on a stone tablet!

BB said...

LOL! they looked they were all in the early stages of hypothermia. i should have asked them if they knew moses....J/K!!!! :P

Truvie said...

The results were passed from village to village using runners and smoke signals. Tell Rub to lace up those shoes while you gather kindling!

BB said...

they passed the spirit stick, eh? LOL!!!

Truvie said...

Hee, hee!

AM said...

Dru calls them the League of Blue Hairs...