Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Make time go FASTER, Daddy!!!

Well, this will instigate alot of "No, really..." from my friends :), but Truvie has discovered that she is SPOILED! Truvie has been fortunate enough to work about four days a month for the last 2 years. Being an overpaid, contract worker at an ambulatory surgery center is just about the best damn job in the world! They call and tell Truvs the days they need her to work, if the schedule's free... Truvie goes. If the schedule's booked (all those lunches at Basil's)... Truvie declines. It's fantastic!

Fast forward to now. Three of the regular girls are out, either surgery or family emergencies or other. They need Truvie to work everyday. And by everyday, I mean the grueling schedule of Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays for the next 6 weeks. Truvie basically agrees. This seems like a win, win all around. There are Christmas presents to buy, Hannah Montanna tickets to pay off, vacations looming. Truvie will be rich!

Truvie is struggling. Truvie can't get all her laundry and dishes done. Truvie's perfect house is in disarray. Truvie has no time to talk on the phone or get her nails done, or stay up late on a Tuesday night drinking wine for no reason at all except that it's fun! Truvie had forgotten that working... well, it sucks! The big one! Maybe not "the big one". Why do people say that, anyway? A "big one" is, you know, a good thing. People should be saying, "That sucks the small, disappointing one." But, whatever...

Anyway, stay at home moms can say what they will, but I've been BOTH and let me tell you... I'd rather stay at the hiz-ouse! Hats off to all you girlies who do it EVERYDAY and plan on doing it everyday for forever! I don't know how you're making it! Myself, I'm living for the end of December. My favorite quote this week:

"Make time go FASTER, Daddy!!!" Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

8 comments:

Rachel said...

i miss talking to you in the AM. it was a nice addition to my cup of coffee. take a day off, damn.

Truvie said...

No joke!

From the Doghouse said...

I still wanna know how you managed to score Hannah Montana tickets. Which concert did you get?

Truvie said...

We got the Memphis show- it's TONIGHT (*imagine high pitched squealing!*)!!!! Honestly, I got the tickets by paying too much for them... BUT, I did get a "deal"- ours were $150 each, which in the world of Hannah tickets is fairly cheap! I bought them early on, also. I never believed that the prices would drop closer to the dates and they didn't! It's still crazy, though! Hence, the extra work load! :) Seriously, let me know if you want me to grab a cool shirt or something. The Miley site CLAIMS that there will be "Miley Gear" that is ONLY sold at the shows...

BB said...

girl, my azz be draggin' dis week, too...working does suck. i'm gonna go on strike...unless i get canned first...ha! j/k

Priscilla said...

Friday becomes more and more a much better day!

Jennifer Carter said...

I loved seeing your face the other day. You were extremely naughty nurse-maid sessie with your hair pulled up in a surgical net!

From the Doghouse said...

YESSSS!!!

Of course, it's probably too late now ...