Friday, October 12, 2007

How much are YOUR kids worth?

Did y'all see the story about the New York woman who tried to SELL her baby to an undercover policeman for $25,000.00! Really! Not making this up! So, I'm thinking, DAMN! That's one GOOD ASS baby! Because I'll be honest, my kids were so bad as babies, I don't know that I'd have gotten $75.00 for them! People would have given ME $25,000.00 to take them BACK! Now, I know some people (and you KNOW who you are!!!) live in a happy world where you think your little angels are just the prettiest, smartest, most enjoyable tiny beings on the planet... but they're not! And, honestly, I wouldn't give you $20.00 for most of the children I know (with a few special exceptions- ie. Godchild). So, I think we can all agree that this woman was unstable to say the least....not only for SELLING a baby, but putting an unrealistic price on it! So, really, what would you sell your kids for? And don't bother saying, nothing, because that's just un-creative and boring and I hate that! It's just pretend, so, name your price! I won't think you're a bad mom and Social Services doesn't monitor our site (at least we HOPE they don't!!! Yikes!), so do it! Be anonymous if you have to! I'm curious! Indulge me!

14 comments:

Rub said...

Damn! I only got $5,00 for my 1st born. Maybe I should have flown to New York to sell him. Hmm... I could have gotten the leather seats then. Crap!

BB said...

people would give me my kid and some money just to take her back! ;)

Truvie said...

Rub, you really need to shop it around before you sell a baby! It sounds like you went to Crazy Larry's Discount Baby Dealer!

BB said...

LOL!!!

AM said...

Depends on what ailment the baby has...with colic, gas, ear infections, and teething...not to mention diapers and all these weird diseases at times I would have paid people to take 'em if I could have....(but I couldn't have lived with the guilt)

Truvie said...

For a sick or fussy baby (which is like, all of them), I think $500.00 is the max. For a healthy, attractive baby... um, maybe $6000.00? For a healthy, crunky looking baby, $2000.00, tops! I mean, you could get 2 South American babies for the price of that fancy New York baby!!! Shop it around, people!

Rub said...

BTW, Truvie your new pic on the main page makes me think bad thoughts. I got a thing for the French. LOL

From the Doghouse said...

It's just like selling a car; cleaning and detailing can make all the difference!

;)

Truvie said...

Exactly, bow wow! Shine that baby up and roll the mileage back! :)

Rub- Ooooh, la, la! ;)

Rachel said...

if i was like really starving, i might sell the baby for a really good cheesecake.

Rub said...

Alice makes good cheesecakes and wants another child... Do I get a broker's fee?

AM said...

I'm starting to wonder about the "other child' ...but I hear I have a mean cheesecake ...If you like turtle...

Chris said...

Yeah, well, reading all your comments made me laugh, but to be honest... I don't have children, but would pay millions if I had it just to make it legal for gay men to be able to legally adopt children as a couple rather than individually, worldwide. I don't have the luxury of being able to candidly say that I'd sell for $25.00 or buy for $500.00. I wish it was easier for us.

Truvie said...

Amen! If I had a baby to sell, you better believe it'd be to a gay couple! Hell, I'd TRADE to a gay couple for decorating services! :)